Chapli Kabab- Ultimate Pakistani Street Food Trends in India
Also known as the Peshawari Chapli Kabab, the South-Asian dish has become widely popular in streets of India. Originally from Pakistan and Afghanistan, the Chapli Kabab is a Pashtun-style minced kabab generally made from beef or mutton.
With proper blend of spices, the beef is flattened into circles and shallow fried. Preparation of these juicy and spicy kebabs seems difficult, but believe us, these kababs are very easy to make with less effort and less time.
Chapli Kabab Recipe
Ingredients and its Quantity: For 500mg beef or mutton
|Name of Ingredients||Quantity||Guide|
|Red pepper||2 teaspoon||Power|
|Shahi cumin||2 teaspoon||Powder|
|Garam masala||2 teaspoon||Powder|
|Eggs||2-3||Scramble and whole|
|Coriander powder||1 teaspoon||Powder|
|Flour (Besan)||2 spoon||Roasted|
|**Salt according to taste or health (cardiology)|
Let’s start preparing chapli kababs:
Step 1: Make minced meat
Step 2: Add salt, pepper, coriander leaves and powder, garlic, ginger, Cumin, garam masala, mint leaves, amchoor powder, roasted flour and add chopped onion after squeeze excess water to minced.
Step 3: Add whole eggs and scrambled eggs and mix everything well using your hands.
Step 4: Now, have a small portion of mixture wet hands (using water or oil) and shape it like chapli kababs.
Step 5: Put a kadhai or non-stick pan (for better results) on medium flame, pour some oil in it and heat well.
Step 6: Finally, place the chapli kabab in the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes or until the kabab gets brown in colour. Then place it over tissue paper.
- Your Chapli kababs may break because of dryness. So make sure that minced have 20-25% fat. (You can use butter as fat if required)
- Add right amount of binding agent i.e. Flour (roasted Besan) for better shaping
- Do not add much tomatoes because tomatoes release extra moisture which kabab can break.
- Do not Grill kabab if you love to taste juicy chapli kababs.
- Always serve Chapli Kabab with chutney.